Nowadays a number of natural face masks have been developed. They have numerous benefits. First of all, they will eliminate dead skin and gives you a bright complexion. It will help to eliminate the dead skin cells, which can clog pores and result in blemishes. Another benefit of using natural face mask is that it will help to get rid of all the impurities present that are present deep within the pores of your skin.
These impurities can cause blackheads and other blemishes to occur. It is recommended that you should cleanse your skin every week with these natural masks. Another advantage of using natural masks is that it will improve the texture of the skin and also increases circulation. The special ingredients present in this will help to draw blood to the skin’s surface and makes your skin stay healthier. They help to polish the skin and tighten up pores, giving it a beautiful texture.
1) Chocolate Face MasksChocolate is great for your skin, leaving it smooth and well nourished. Cocoa is a strong anti oxidant and it helps in reversing the effects of aging and the overall tightening of the skin.You will really love the rejuvenating effect that a chocolate face mask leave on your skin.
Cocoa powder present in chocolate will protect your skin from free radicals. There is a misconception that chocolate causes acne, actually there is no scientific proof for it. Actually, dermatologists say that what causes acne in people who consume chocolate is milk that is added to it, not the chocolate itself.
How to prepare a chocolate face mask?
If you are planning to make a chocolate mask then you need to mix all the ingredients based on your skin type. If you have dry skin take cocoa powder, honey, oatmeal and cream. For people with oily skin, cocoa powder, honey, besan and curd is good. Mix all the ingredients using a blender till it forms a thick, brown homogeneous batter.
You can wait for about 5 minutes. Tie your hair with a hairband so that it won’t falls off your forehead. Apply this mask evenly over your face everywhere except your eyes, lips and nostrils. Allow it to dry for fifty to twenty minutes.
Wash your face with lukewarm water and dry it with a soft towel.
If you are planning to go for a party then you can apply this mask to get a fresh look for your skin. Everyone will really appreciate the beautiful glow that it leaves on your skin.
2) Yogurt Face MasksYogurt contains lactic acid which is a natural non-irritating exfoliant that removes all the dead and damaged cells on the outer surface of your skin and gives it a rejuvenated look. It will also give a long lasting glow. It will even reduce your acne scars and blemishes, make it baby soft always. A great feature of yogurt is it’s versatility, you can add it with almost all ingredients depending on the skin problem.
Here are a few examples of yogurt face masks that you can prepare by yourself given below:
Yogurt and Oatmeal Rejuvenating Face Mask
1 tbsp oatmeal, finely ground
1 tbsp organic yogurt
A few drops of honey
Mix yogurt and oatmeal in a bow. You can add few drops of warm honey to it. For doing this you can warm a spoon in hot water for a minute and add few drops of honey to it. Add the honey to the yogurt and oat meal mixture and stir well. You can apply this mask to your face and rinse it off with warm water after ten minutes. You can also use a warm cloth to wipe your face. This face mask will give a rejuvenated look for your skin.
Purifying Yogurt Face Mask for Oily Skin
Add two drops lemon juice into four tablespoons of yogurt. Mix it well and apply it to your face. Rinse it off after 30 minutes with warm water. Apply toner and moisturizer on your face.
Anti-Blemish Yogurt Facial Mask for Acne Skin
You can mix two tablespoons fresh milk and honey to fresh juice of one lemon and one tablespoon of fresh yogurt and lukewarm water. Mix all ingredients well. Apply a layer of this mixture to your face and neck. Allow it to dry and then repeat the process. You can leave this face mask for ten minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Use a toner and moisturizer afterwards.
3) Egg White Face MasksEgg whites are really great for tightening your pores and give your face a temporary lift. It works great for treating acne, blackheads, and other skin ailments. Egg white face masks are a great way by which you can give a rejuvenation for your face. Though it’s little bit expensive, it is still is very cheap and easily available ingredient right in your home.
Here are a few examples of egg white face masks recipe given below:
You can break one egg and separate the yolk from the white. You can take a makeup brush or use your hands to spread it evenly to your face . Allow this to dry for about fifteen minutes and rinse it off with warm water afterwards. You can use a moisturizing lotion that contains sunscreen with it.
You can mix one tablespoon of honey with egg white and add a drop of orange essential oil to it. Apply this on your face and leave it for 15 minutes, wash off with warm water afterwards.
You can beat an egg white and make it foamy. Add a tablespoon of crushed oatmeal to it and make it a paste. Add a tablespoon of honey and a drop of essential oil. Apply it to your face and allow it to dry. Rinse it off with water.
You can mix egg white with some papaya paste and apply it to your face. If you have dry skin, then don’t use it.
Take two egg whites and keep it in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Apply this paste to your face and leave it for some minutes. Rinse with warm water and wipe with a warm washcloth afterwards.
4) Cucumber Face MaskCucumber is commonly used to reduce swelling and puffiness. Aside from reducing nasty eye bags, cucumbers can also do wonders in rehydrating your skin and reducing redness from irritation. It's one of the best face masks for dry skin! I really like putting olive oil in my skin, it moisturizes my skin but it doesn't make me feel greasy like a freshly cooked fried chicken.
Cucumber face mask with olive oil
3 ounces finely sliced cucumber
3 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons yogurt (optional)
Mix all the ingredients until it turns into a paste. Put the cucumber face mask on your face and let it dry for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with cold water. I guarantee that this magical cucumber face mask will leave your skin soft, clean and pampered.
Cucumber Face Mask with Oatmeal
1 small cucumber, chopped
1 cup raw oatmeal
1 teaspoon yogurt (optional)
Mix the cucumber and the oatmeal until it becomes a paste. Mix one tablespoon of this mixture with one teaspoon of yogurt. Apply this cucumber face mask to your face and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
5) Banana Face MasksBanana is very good source of Vitamins B6 and C, manganese, fiber and potassium with low fat, cholesterol and sodium free. According to American Academy of Pediatrics, Banana is safe and pure for baby’s first solid food. It smooth skin and nourishes sun burns. It act as an ant aging solution for skin.
- 2 ripped bananas.
1) Cut the ripped bananas into pieces and crush it,
2) Mesh the paste until it is smooth.
3) Apply a thin layer on the surface of your skin.
4) Leave and relax for 5 minutes.
5) Rinse it with warm water and pat dry.
6) Your skin will become soft and smooth.
6) Avocado Face MasksThe avocado is a tree native to Central Mexico, classified in the flowering plant family Lauraceous along with cinnamon, camphor and bay laurel. Avocado or alligator pear also refers to the fruit of the tree.
Avocado contains Fiber, Potassium (more than twice the amount found in a banana), Vitamin E, B-vitamins, Folic acid and super natural elements for our skin care.
- 1 ripped avocado.
1) Cut avocado into pieces and mash it till it becomes smooth paste.
2) Apply a thick layer of this paste on skin surface.
3) Relax and wait for 10 minutes.
4) While waiting you can put two pieces of cucumber on your eyes.
5) Rinse it with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
7) Tomato Face MasksTomato is very easily available in all kitchen and has been an important part of diet for centuries. This works greatly as antioxidants and reduce skin aging. Vitamin A and vitamin C are commonly found in a lot of acne medicines and tomatoes are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K.
- Two tomatoes
- 1 lemon
1) Cut tomatoes into small pieces and use juice maker to get fine juice out of it.
2) Take 2 table spoon of fresh tomato juice.
3) Add two to four drops of fresh lime juice to this.
4) Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture on your face.
5) Massage it in circular motions.
6) Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then wash off with cool water.
7) Regular application will help in shrinking pores greatly.
8) If you have mild acne, cut a tomato in half and apply the inside on your face.
9) For severe acne mash a fresh tomato and use the pulp as a pack on the face.
10) Leave it on for an hour. Rinse it off and moisturize.
11) Do this on a regular basis or as many times as you can. Your acne is bound to dry off soon.
8) Lemon Juice Face MasksLemon a citric fruit and a rich in vitamin C and E. Super healing power for dark sheds/marks on skin and provides nourishment for damaged tissues.
- 2 tablespoons of natural lemon water.
- 2 Eggs.
1) Take 2 eggs and take out the egg white in a bowl.
2) Add 2 tablespoon of natural lemon water to it.
3) Mix the mixture well.
4) Apply a thin layer of the mixture on your skin.
5) Keep it to dry. You will feel the hardness of this layer on your skin.
6) Keep it for overnight.
7) Rinse it next morning with lukewarm water.
9) Honey Face MasksAccording to Wikipedia, Honey is a sweet food made by bees using nectar from flowers. The variety produced by honey bees is the one most commonly referred to, as it is the type of honey collected by beekeepers and consumed by humans.
And believe me it’s more than just a sweetener. A small drop of honey includes lots of health benefit including care for our lovely skin. It Energies the body, boost immunity, fight bacteria, promote healing of cuts and burns, remedy sore throats etc.
So let’s take the part of honey which is going to nourish our skin. This homemade face mask is the simplest of all but a bit sticky. Sticky!!! Yeah, you read it correctly.
- 2 tablespoon of natural honey.
1) First of all before applying any face mask, make sure you have washed and clean you face with room temperature water.
2) Take out 2 tablespoon of honey in a bowl.
3) Apply gently a thick layer of honey on your skin. You can use your 2 fingers while applying or use spatula.
4) Keep it for 5 minutes.
5) Wash carefully and gently with little warm water and then with cold water.
6) If it’s still sticky, use towel smoothly to remove sticky content.