What are Blackheads?The medical name for a blackheads is comedones and they appear as a blackish dot on the skin that can be felt as a slight bump on the surface of the skin. They are usually more prevalent around areas of the face with noticeable pores, for example blackheads on the nose is very common. Blackheads are officially grouped under the term acne vulgaris, although the treatment of blackheads is a little different to that for acne.
What causes Blackheads?Although poor hygiene was once thought to be the cause of blackheads, they are actually caused by a perfectly normal bodily function – the production of sebaceous oils. Poor hygiene can however make the appearance of blackheads worse, and good hygiene and attentive skin care with a blackhead removal tool can resolve the issue.
When there is an excess of sebaceous oils produced by the body, the sebum can accumulate in the sebaceous gland’s ducts where it quickly darkens to a yellow colour as it is exposed to the air. From the surface of the skin, the colour is darkened as light reflects from the surface and duct of the blocked follicle, giving it a black appearance. It is this small black bump that is referred to as a blackhead.
Blackhead RemovalPrior to the invention of blackhead removal tools, the only advice for blackhead removal was to wash the skin in hot water with plenty of soap. The heat from the hot water opened the skins pores and the soap lubricated the surface. From there, using the finger nails, pressure could be applied to the sides of the blackhead allowing the hardened sebum to be squeezed outwards from the duct and be cleansed from the skin.
The problem with this method is that using the finger nails to press quite hard into the skin could cause temporary but noticeable reddening to the areas at best, and actual damage to the surface of the skin at worst.
Blackheads Removal ToolThese days it is easy to find blackheads removal tools, you can even purchase them on Amazon. Although there is still the slight risk of temporary scarring, if only sensible pressure is applied to the skin, it is a perfectly safe method that will yield excellent results after only a few minutes of effort.
Rather than using your fingernails to apply pressure to the skin, blackheads removal tools have a small loop that can be place over the raised blackhead and the pushed into the skin allowing the sebum to be squeezed up out of the follicle and through the loop.
Cleansing the AreaThe final part of any blackheads treatment is to thoroughly clean the area. As the process of removing blackheads exposes the skin to any germs that linger in the unblocked blocked follicles, it is vital to complete the process with a good clean up. Do this by disinfecting the area with a good facial cleaner, or a small drop of alcohol on a cotton bud.
Effective Blackhead Nose Treatment OptionsNow, if you are also bothered by these unsightly things, then you must read on to know how to get rid of blackheads on your nose. With all the blackhead nose treatment options available, getting rid of these things won’t be difficult. You must first remember that blackheads are caused by excess oil that’s produced by your very own sebaceous glands. So if you naturally have oily skin, you might be required to receive more extensive treatment than someone who just acquired blackheads due to poor lifestyle choices.
Before going through all the options for blackhead removal, you must first be informed of several things that can cause these icky pileups of oil and dirt. These include poor hygiene, bad diet, excessive use of cosmetics, inadequate amount of water in the body and even hormonal imbalance.
The effectiveness of a blackhead nose treatment is measured by how well it can make your nose look clean and free from black little pores. There are easy to use nose strips that you can stick on your nose, left on for a few minutes and then stripped off again. These nose strips can easily pull out the dirt and oil from your nose and they’re also very affordable.
Another blackhead nose treatment involves creams, gels or ointments that you can apply on your nose or the affected area. There are actually chemical and organic or herbal topical creams that you can purchase from drug stores or specialty stores. Just seek the advice of your dermatologist or doctor to know which one to purchase especially when you’re allergic to some chemicals or natural ingredients.
Using A Blackhead ExtractorAdditionally, a blackhead extractor is also an effective way to eradicate blackheads. Although a little painful, it enables anyone to scoop out or squeeze out all the dirt and oil in your pores. Just don’t forget to sterilize the extractor prior to every use to prevent infection. However, if you have low pain tolerance, you can actually purchase a blackhead vacuum. This, on the other hand, sucks out the blackheads from your nose. All you need to do is turn the gadget on and position the vacuum head on the affected area and all the blackheads will be siphoned out.
Actually, how to remove blackheads from your nose isn’t the most important thing. Preventing blackheads from piling up is certainly more significant. As the doctors say, prevention is better than cure. Therefore, instead of just looking for the most efficient blackhead nose treatment, try doing your best not to actually get blackheads. What you can do is drink lots of water and eat healthy. Greasy foods are not only bad for your heart but also bad for your skin. Also remember to get ample sleep and to always maintain good hygiene. Once you’ve incorporated these things into your system and follow them everyday, you will surely be free of blackheads in no time. By following the blackhead nose treatment methods given here, can help prevent getting those unsightly black pores appearing again.
Natural Home Remedies for BlackheadsNow I am going to share with you best natural home remedies for blackheads.
1.) Lemon and Honey
Lemon and honey both are very useful and natural treatment for blackheads. Now follow these steps to remove the skin of impurities.
- Take 2-3 lemons, one small pouch of salt, yogurt and small bottle of honey on the table.
- Take 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into a goblet.
- Take ½ tablespoon of salt.
- Take 1 tablespoon of yogurt.
- ½ Tablespoon of honey.
- Mix it well and make a gel.
- Now friends use this gel on your blackheads for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, wash your mouth with warm water.
2.) Aloe Vera
If you are suffering from blackheads and you are searching an effective way of getting rid of blackheads. Then don’t forget that Aloe Vera is very best natural home remedy for blackheads.
- Take 1 leaf of Aloe Vera.
- Cut the upper parts of the Aloe Vera leaf.
- Now you will find the juice of it.
- Apply this gel on affected area.
- After 30 minutes, wash it with warm water.
3.) Baking Soda
Baking Soda is another best home remedy for instant blackheads removal.
- Take 1 glass of water and box of baking soda on the table.
- Take a tablespoon of baking soda into a goblet.
- Mix it with ½ tablespoon of water.
- Apply this paste on the affected area.
- Wash it after 15 minutes with warm water.
- For best treatment repeat it twice in a week.
With the help of turmeric and peppermint juice you can get relief from blackheads.
- Take a box of turmeric, half glass of water and green peppermint on the table.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of turmeric into a goblet.
- Take a tablespoon of green peppermint juice.
- Mix it well with some drops of water.
- Apply this paste on blackheads and don’t touch the affected area for 10-15 minutes. After 10-15 minutes, wash it with warm water.
5.) Cinnamon and Honey
Frankly speaking, honey a cinnamon both are very useful cleansers to remove blackheads.
- Take one box of cinnamon powder, lemon and honey on the table.
- Take a tablespoon of cinnamon powder into a goblet.
- Take ½ tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Mix it well with some honey.
- Apply it on the affected area for 10-15 minutes and wash it with warm water. You can leave it on overnight also. You can use this remedy daily for best results.
|Home Remedies for Constipation||Home Remedies for Ringworm||Home Remedies for Dandruff|
6.) Egg and Honey
Now with the help of honey and egg you can simply remove blackheads instantly at home. It is very useful and safe.
- Take 2-3 eggs and honey on the table.
- Take white of one egg into a goblet.
- Mix it well with honey.
- Apply this paste on affected area for 5-10 minutes. And wash it with warm water.
7.) Nutmeg and Milk
Nutmeg and Milk both are one of the simplest, best natural home remedies for blackheads. With the help of it you can remove blackheads quickly.
- Take a cup of milk and nutmeg on the table.
- Take 2 tablespoons of milk into a goblet.
- Mix it well with nutmeg and make a paste.
- Use this paste on the affected area for 10-15 minutes. After 10-15 minutes, wash it with warm water.